Here is a quick comparison of Semi vs Fully automatic Washing machines. It has been prepared keeping in mind all the points which you consider before buying a washing machine.
There are 2 types of washing machines in India. They can be classified based on Fully automatic and Semi-automatic. Further Fully automatic ones are divided into front-loading and top-loading machines.
Whenever you buy a washing machine, first understand your needs, then decide. The fully automatic washing machine automatically washes and dries after inserting clothes. However, in a semi-automatic washing machine, you have to take clothes out of the tub and put it in the dryer. Semi-automatic ones are cheaper than fully automatic washing machines.
Table of Contents
What is RPM in washing machine?
- The spin cycle for drying clothes in a washing machine is measured as RPM (Revolutions per minute). The higher the RPM, the quicker it will dry your clothes.
- However, this will depend on the types of clothing. For delicate fabrics, the spin cycle is 300–500 rpm, while for jeans is about 1,000 rpm.
Temperature Control in washing machine?
- If the washing machine has a heater, this feature will help adjust the water temperature. It can prove more useful in winter. Also, clothes are better cleaned with warm water.
- Some machines feature steam, which helps fight dirt and stains well.
- There are some companies, which make good quality Fully Automatic Washing Machines and Semi Automatic Washing Machines, which you can buy according to the requirement.
Fully Automatic Washing Machine India
Fully-automatic washing machines are a bit expensive. Advance Technology is used in these machines. This type of machine is small in size. There is only one tub in which the clothes are washed and dried. This machine washes slightly more clean clothes than a semi-automatic washing machine.
This washing machine has to connect a pipe of water and as long as the machine is in operation, it needs continuous water.
After starting, this machine takes as much water as it needs from the water pipe, and after washing, drying it stops. Once you start the machine, you do not have to monitor it, it does all the work on its own.
The fully automatic washing machine consumes more electricity. It also costs more in repair because its parts are expensive. This machine washes slightly better clothes than the semi-automatic washing machine. If you are willing to spend a little more then you can buy this machine.
What are the Disadvantages of Fully Automatic Washing Machines?
- They need to complete its cycle to before they can be opened.
- Without an adequate amount of water, they do not carry out washing operations. Basically, They require a continuous supply of water and consume more water than a semi-automatic washing machine.
- They are Expensive
- Difficult to operate for a novice.
- Consumes more power.
Semi Automatic Washing Machine
The semi-automatic washing machine is cheaper than the fully automatic washing machine. It is also easy to operate. It is larger in size than an automatic washing machine. Because it has both a washtub and spin dryer on top of it. The clothes are washed in the washtub and the cloth is squeezed into the spin dryer. This machine consumes very less power compared to a fully automatic machine.
In this machine, you have to pour water from above in the washtub. The washed clothes are lifted from the washtub and put in the spin dryer. It has to be done manually.
Benefits of Semi-Automatic Washing Machines
You can also stop this machine in the middle if you want to add some more clothes to it. The semi-automatic washing machine has low power consumption. If you want to save on electricity bills, then semi-automatic washing machine has to be your choice.
The cost of repairing this machine is also less because its parts are not very expensive.
What are the Problems with Semi-Automatic Washing Machines
- These machines are bigger in size, So if your house is small then you should buy it only after seeing the size of the machine and size of your room where you’ll place the machine.
- More Manual work is required in these machines. Semi-automatic washing machines have a separate wash and spin dry tub. After washing you need to manually shift the clothes to the spin tub.
- Cleaning efficiency is less than fully-automatic machines.
Water consumption in Semi-automatic vs Fully automatic washing machines
Semi-automatic washing machine consumes less water compared to fully automatic washing machines. Since fully automatic washing machines require a continuous supply of water for washing, soaking, rinsing and drying, water required is more.
Semi-automatic vs Fully automatic washing machines: Power consumption
The fully automatic washing machine requires more electricity to run. If you are planning to save power bills, go for the semi-automatic ones.
Washing Machine Size Standard
Best Fully Automatic Washing Machine India 2021
- Fully-automatic top load washing machine
- Weight: 6.2 kg
- Warranty: 2 years comprehensive warranty on product and 4 years on motor
- Features – Air turbo, auto restart, child lock, magic filter, tempered glass window, drum-type – diamond drum, pulsator- centre jet, water level – 5 levels
- Cycle – blanket, delicates, eco tub clean, additional cycle – normal, quick wash, soak plus normal, number of cycles – 6
- Physical specification – voltage/frequency- 220/50, drum material- SS
- Fully-automatic front load washing machine: Best Wash Quality, Energy and Water efficient
- Capacity 6 kg: Suitable for bachelors & couples
- 800 rpm: Higher the spin speed, faster the drying time, Wash Programs> 15 Wash Programs
- Special features: Crescent Moon Drum: Smooth crescent moon grooves on the drum surface create a gentle water cushion that prevents damage to fabrics, 2D Wash System: Wash and rinse cycle uses a shower system that ensures thorough soaking and a cleaner wash, Ball Valve Technology: The float ball valve lets the water out while keeping the detergent in, this technology prevents wastage and enhances the wash.
- It has Diva Aqua SX, Silver, Inbuilt Heater, Aqua Energie water softener
Best Semi Automatic Washing Machine India 2021
- Semi-automatic washing Machine: Most Economical, Lowest water and energy consumption, involves manual effort, Buzzer: Yes
- Capacity 7 kg: Suitable for families with 3 to 4 members. Spin Motor: 150 Watt
- 1450 rpm: Higher the spin speed, faster the drying time
- Wash programs: 3, Inbuilt Memory – Auto Restart
- Special Features: Smart Scrub Station – Now stand tall and scrub without the painful bending, while the flow back design allows water and detergent to flow back into the washtub, Waterproof panel – The control panel is smartly designed to be protected from water seeping inside
- 66L Large wash tub – The Large washtub with the Deep wash 66l system, washes with the highest volume of water (66l). Clothes now move freely giving the best dirt removal.
Our team spent a lot of time curating this article for you. We took care of each parameter while compiling this list. If you have any questions, you can always ask them in the comments section of this article. We’ll try to help you out at the earliest.
For more Deals on Amazing Products and Recommendations. Click Here.
Also check: Best cooking oil for fat loss