Table of Contents
What is Yoga?
The word Yoga originates from the Sanskrit word ‘Yuj’, which means to connect. There are basically two meanings of yoga, first- joining and second- samadhi. Until we can connect with ourselves, it is difficult to attain the level of samadhi. It is not just exercise, but science-based physical activity. To perform this activity you’ll need a Yoga Mat. In this guide, We’ve compiled a list of Best Yoga Mats India 2020 and their benefits in one place. Scroll Down to read this guide.
In Yoga Exercise, the brain, body and soul meet each other. At the same time, there is harmony between human and nature. It is a way to live life properly.
What are the Benefits of Yoga?
1. Keeps Blood pressure under control.
2. It helps us to feel fresh and happy throughout the day.
3. Helpful to focus your attention.
4. Provides internal strength.
5. Keeps Blood sugar normal.
6. Supports good and deep sleep.
7. It helps to stay away from all types of diseases.
8. Improves the immune system.
9. Helps to lead a healthy lifestyle.
10. Plays a supporting role in reducing any kind of a pain in the body.
Also Check Best Protein Health Drinks for Adults: Click Here
What are the Types of Yoga Mats?
There are different Types of Yoga Mats available online.
- Basic Yoga Mats: There are a lot of options available in this category. It is usually the most pocket-friendly option. They have a lot of Grip on the surface and are reliable for a long time.
- Cotton Yoga Mats: If you are looking for a really soft mat, then look no further. They are easily washable. Check out Our Recommendations on Best Cotton Yoga Mats: Click Here.
- Rubber Yoga Mats: Yoga Mats made up of Natural Rubber are a great choice for Yoga Enthusiasts. Click Here to buy the best Rubber Mats.
- Yoga Mats made up of Jute: Jute Yoga Mats are very popular nowadays. They are also bio-degradable. Checkout Jute Mats here.
Best Yoga Mats in India 2021 | Our Best Picks
|Strauss Anti-Skid Yoga Mat||Check Price on Amazon|
|Fitkit FKYM04-P Yoga Mat||Check Price on Amazon|
|AmazonBasics TPE & Suede Yoga Mat||Check Price on Amazon|
|Silver’s Yoga Mat||Check Price on Amazon|
|SBZ – SHOPBOOZ Yoga Mat||Check Price on Amazon|
Now we’ve described the best yoga mats which you can buy in 2020. All of these Yoga Mats are available Online on Amazon which you can buy from the comfort of your home.
To view the detailed buying guide on How to choose a Yoga Mat, Scroll down.
Best Yoga Mats India 2021 | Review
1. Strauss Anti-Skid Yoga Mat
- It is an Anti-skid yoga mat and is perfect for yoga workout in-home and other floor exercises.
- It provides padding and support which helps you perform the posture comfortably and easily.
- It is easy to roll up and wash.
- Its non-slip bottom provides stability during yoga.
- It is made up of textured patterned foam material.
2. Fitkit FKYM04-P Yoga Mat
- The premium weight mat material is perfect for any type of yoga or Pilates routine and will last for many years to come
- Sleek non-slip surface to keep your mat resilient towards any sweat or perspiration
- Durable and easy-care, machine washable
- Fitkit Yoga Mats are Durable and tear-resistant workout mats are constructed without toxic phthalates, latex or heavy metals
- Fitkit Yoga Mats is impervious to water, comfortable closed-cell foam
- Fitkit Yoga Mats Provides superb cushioning and a stable foundation for virtually every exercise routine
3. Amazon Basics TPE & Suede Yoga Mat
- This is a Premium yoga mat for home yoga practice or studio classes
- It is also useful for Pilates, stretching, meditation, and other strengthening, toning, or restorative floor exercises
- Made of durable TPE material for flexibility and reliable strength
- The Cushioning thickness and non-slip surface provides added stability, comfort, and safety when holding or moving through various Yoga poses
4. Silver’s Yoga Mat
The lightweight yoga mat is made up of durable material. It has a cushioned and non-slip long surface for your comfort. It ensures that you can do your Yoga Asana perfectly. This compact yoga mat can be rolled and carried around easily. You can also keep it in your backpack while travelling.
5. SBZ – SHOPBOOZ Yoga Mat
- 4 MM, 5 MM or 6 MM thick anti-skid yoga mat is perfect for yoga workout and other floor exercises
- It provides padding and support which helps you to perform the require posture comfortably
- Unless there’s a major incident, you should wash the yoga mat every one month or so.
Checkout more Yoga Mats on Amazon: Click Here
Best Yoga Mats in India 2021 | Buying Guide
Before buying a Yoga Mat, you need to take care of a few things.
1. Thickness of Yoga Mat
If you use thin yoga mats, it may lead to pain in your bones due to the hard floor. Take a yoga mat that is slightly thick. Although the thickness should not exceed 1.5 inches.
2. Eco Friendly Mats
- The rubber mats initially have the smell of rubber for a few weeks.
- Cotton mats will not prevent you from slipping.
- You can check more options for Eco-Friendly Mats here.
3. Keep in Mind..
- Before buying a mat, first, take the opinion of the people who use the mats, this will give you an idea of what kind of mat you should take.
- Take mats according to your need, like if you do Yoga or Meditation then you have to sit for a long time, so Mat mattresses should be comfortable.
- Use only natural products as much as possible.
- Do read customer reviews about those products online: Click Here
- Choose the Mat according to your budget.
- Avoid using chemical and toxic products.
4. Yoga mats price
Most of the Yoga Mats Online fall within the price range of Rs. 500-1200. You can select the best one after doing research as per your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the best yoga mat?
We have tested a lot of different Yoga Mats. Our Recommendation is: The True Mat TPE Yoga and Exercise Mat
The Best Thing about this product is:
- It’s Grippy, not Slippery: It has reversible non-slip surfaces so you can perform any movement with confidence. Wavy underside stops the workout mat from sliding on the floor. The textured surface prevents hands and feet from slipping out of position so you can hold poses no matter how vigorous your practise gets.
- It’s perfect for hot yoga, meditation or stretching mat.
- It’s Lightweight (1 kg) and easy to carry to your yoga studio or fitness club with other yoga accessories
- Designed to withstand the toughest sessions: This durable sports and fitness mat will hold up to the wear and tear of regular practice. Constructed using anti-tear technology, it won’t rip, shred or stretch with use. The closed-cell surface locks out germs, dirt, and moisture to keep bacteria and stinky odours at bay.
- Easy to wipe clean
- High-density mat: Designed to give you the most comfortable yoga experience possible. The extra-thick 6mm mat protects joints without compromising support or stability. No more sore knees and elbows.
- Ideal for use on hardwood floors.
- Size: 6 feet x 2 feet it’s a large yoga mat suitable for all yogis alike.
- Ecofriendly: The recyclable TPE foam mat is biodegradable and free from PVC, phthalates, silicone, latex and other toxic materials.
2. Is yoga mat necessary for exercise?
Yoga Mats are not compulsory to use. But it really helps you while exercising and yoga. Performing yoga on a hard floor will induce pain in your bones after some time. Yoga mats provide the convenience of a soft bottom and comfortable position.
3. Should I do Yoga on bed?
Yoga should be done on a hard surface and the surface should not be hard enough to hurt your bones. Therefore, Yoga Mat serves the purpose well.
Our team spent a lot of time curating this article for you. We took care of each parameter while compiling this list. I Hope, It serves your purpose well.
For more Deals on amazing products and recommendations. Click Here.
On clicking the Buy Now or Check Reviews button, you’ll be redirected to the respective product page on Amazon. This will ensure updated information for you.
Also, we may earn a small commission, if you purchase one of our recommended products. Don’t worry! This commission doesn’t affect the cost of the product to you nor our views about it.